General Equine Practice
Ovens Valley Equine offer a wide variety of equine veterinary services. We offer both ambulatory and in clinic services to clients in the North-East Victorian region. We treat all horses including racehorses, performance horses, show horses, pleasure horses, children’s ponies, aged companions, broodmares and young stock.
Our general practice services include:
- General consultations
- Radiography (mobile xray machine)
- Lameness evaluations and work-ups
- Foal medicine
- Medical cases
- Evaluation and treatment of skin diseases
- Wound treatment
- Colic evaluation and treatment.
- General surgery including geldings, wound repair, hernia repairs, lump removal, foal surgery and more...
- Evaluation and treatment of eye diseases
- Freeze branding
- Pre purchase examinations
- Podiatry working with our consultant farrier Glenn Wyse DipWCF (Cert III)
Agistment is available in our purpose built and horse friendly stables, yards and small paddocks. Hospitalisation is available for more complicated cases when ongoing veterinary care is necessary.
All our patients are important to us at Ovens Valley Equine. Our business aspires to deliver high quality veterinary medicine and a customer focus which places a high value on our clients and their horses.
Contact us for more information on any of our equine veterinary services.